Electric Scooter Repair
- Always keep the electric scooter and all its components clean and dry.
- Before cleaning, make sure the e-scooter is powered OFF, the power cord is unplugged, and the rubber cap on the charge port is tightly sealed; otherwise you may damage the electronic components.
- Use a soft, wet cloth to wipe the mainframe clean. Dirt hard to remove can be scrubbed with a toothbrush and toothpaste, then cleaned with a soft, wet cloth.
- Do not wash your e-scooter with alcohol, gasoline, acetone, or other corrosive/volatile solvents. These substances may damage the appearance and internal structure of your e-scooter.
- Do not wash your e-scooter with a power washer or hose.
A) E-SCOOTER STORAGE
- Store your e-scooter in a cool, dry place. Do not store it outdoors for extended periods of time. Exposure to sunlight and temperature extremes (both hot and cold) will accelerate the aging process of the plastic components and may reduce battery life.
B) BATTERY STORAGE
- Do not store or charge the battery at temperatures outside the stated limits (see Specifications). Do not puncture the battery. Refer to your local laws and regulations regarding battery recycling and/or disposal. A well maintained battery can perform well even after many miles of riding. Charge the battery after each ride and avoid draining the battery completely.
- When used at room temperature 25°C the battery range and performance is at its best; whereas using it at temperatures below 0°C can decrease range and performance. Typically, at -5°C range can be half that of the same battery at 25°C. Battery range will recover when temperature rises.
- Typically, a fully charged battery should retain power for 60-120days. A low-power battery should retain power for 30–60 days. Remember to charge the battery after each use. Completely draining the battery may cause permanent damage to the battery. Electronics inside the battery record the charge-discharge condition of the battery; damage caused by over-charging or under-charging will not be covered by the Limited Warranty.
Inflate tires to 36 psi (S1 & S1 Plus) / 50 psi (D1 & D1 Master). Inflate both tires equally.
A) Do not expose the e-scooter to direct sunlight or rain for an extended period of time, and avoid storing it in places with high temperature or corrosive gas, so as to avoid chemical corrosion and damage to the electronic parts and painted surfaces, which may lead to operational failure and accident.
B) When water enters the scooter’s electrical parts (control units, motor or battery), it can cause irreversible damage or even explode the battery!
C) Before each use, check the charger, cable and plug. If you find damage, do not use the charger.
D) Do not wade through the water and avoid getting into puddles, mud, water, snow or ice. If the scooter control unit, engine or battery is immersed in water will lead to irreversible damage of these parts, eventually can cause the battery explosion.
E) Never charge the battery in an explosive or flammable environment and near flammable liquids.
F) Never charge a battery which is visible damaged or its filling is leaking.